Terms & Conditions
POLICY ON STUDENTS REFUNDS
A student, organisation or yacht representative that pay for and enrol in an Crew Pacific course should be aware of the following refund policy. A full or part refund of the student enrolment fee will only be paid under the following circumstances.
- You enrolled in a course that has been cancelled by Crew Pacific or
- You formally advise Crew Pacific, in accordance with the principles set out below, and with no attendance or participation in training, that you are withdrawing from the course.
Notification must be given in writing, email or by advising a Crew Pacific staff member in the office where the Crew Pacific course is being held. Students should consider the following notification periods as to what sort of refund they can expect.
PRINCIPLES - CREW PACIFIC COURSE CANCELLATION & FEES PAYABLE
- If Crew Pacific has insufficient bookings to economically run a scheduled course, we reserve the right to cancel the course by notifying all students that their course has been cancelled. In the event that Crew Pacific cancels a course, students are eligible for a full refund, or they can transfer to another course.
STUDENT COURSE WITHDRAWAL & FEES PAYABLE
- If Crew Pacific receives notification (In writing, by e-mail or by phone call) from a student that they wish to withdraw from a course, the amount of refund to be provided will be as follows;
- Notification more than 5 business days before the date of course - 100% refund of course fee or transfer to another course at no cost.
- Less than 5 business days before the date of the course -75% refund of course fee or transfer to another course at no cost.
- Less than 3 business days before the date of the course NO REFUND payment will be made by Crew Pacific, however you can transfer to another course date at no cost.
NON-ATTENDANCE & NO NOTIFICATION WITH BUSINESS HOURS;
- If a student fails to turn up to a class, no refund will be payable. Students need to be aware that a leaving a message on the Crew Pacific office answering service outside of business hours where the course is held on the day before the course is not accepted as a notification of cancellation.
- If a student is sick on the day of their course, and can support this with a medical certificate, they will receive either a full refund or be transferred to alternate date at no charge but must be available to complete the training within six months of the original course date.
- If the student has failed to attend due to any other reason NO REFUND will be payable however a course transfer may be granted at the discretion of the Crew Pacific office.
STUDENT COURSE TRANSFER
A student may request a course transfer without incurring any administration fee but must consider the following conditions;
- Participants will only be permitted to transfer courses once and must complete the training within six months on the original date of enrolment.
- If a student failed to turn up to the scheduled course and can provide evidence to support the reason, they may be awarded one additional transfer. Evidence accepted includes; a medical certificate, or evidence of death in the family. Subsequent course transfers granted to the students my incur a 10% transfer fee charged at the discretion of the Crew Pacific office.
- Once a subsequent transfer is granted, no further transfers or refund will be granted.
- Students who are more than 30 minutes late for their scheduled transfer course will forfeit all rights to any further transfers or refund.
Cairns - STCW95 Course Dates
CERTIFICATE OF SAFETY TRAINING (QLD STCW95)
PROPOSED COURSE DATES FOR 2020
HELD AT THE CAIRNS GREAT BARRIER REEF INTERNATIONAL MARITIME COLLEGE
Personal Survival Techniques, Personal Safety and Social Responsibility, Basic Fire prevention & fire fighting Section, Security Awareness;
Secuirty Awareness training now offered on-line.
To reserve a position on a course, you must enrol & pay at least 6 weeks prior to the start date. COURSE NUMBERS ARE STRICTLY LIMITED.
TO BOOK COURSE DATES YOU CAN PHONE
TOLL FREE NUMBER - 1300 308 233 OR + 61 (0) 7 4041 9813
COURSE COSTINGS APPROXIMATELY: $2461.00AUD – 2020
(The cost of the course includes the Security Awareness Training)
The AMSA form to get the STCW95 endorsed is the 419
AMSA FEE; $112.00AUD for the application & endorsement of your certificate of safety training (QLD STCW95)
COURSE DATES FOR THE STCW95: 5 DAYS MONDAY -FRIDAY
DECEMBER 16TH-20TH 2019
FEBRUARY 10TH - 14TH 2020
MARCH 9TH -13TH 2020
MARCH 30TH -3RD APRIL 2020
APRIL 27TH - 1ST MAY 2020
MAY 25TH - 29TH 2020
JUNE 15TH - 19TH 2020
JULY 27TH - 31ST 2020
AUGUST 24TH -28TH 2020
SEPTEMBER 14TH -18TH 2020
OCTOBER 19TH - 23RD 2020
NOVEMBER 16TH - 20TH 2020
DECEMBER 7TH -11TH 2020
If you cannot get into the STCW95 course at the Cairns Tafe the other training organisations you can contact are as follows:
- AUSTRALIAN MARITIME COLLEGE:
+61 (0) 3 6324 3999
- FREMANTLE TAFE
1800 001 001 or WEBSITE: https://www.southmetrotafe.wa.edu.au/
- MARITIME CAREER TRAINING - SUNSHINE COAST
- CONTACT + 61 (0) 499 089 381 OR https://maritimecareers.com.au/
To obtain further information about AMSA courses please contact: http://www.amsa.gov.au
You will also require a Senior First Aid Qualification. Training providers in Cairns are
First Response Australia
Phone: + 61 (0) 7 4032 2444
Phone: + 61 (0) 7 4042 2462
Queensland Ambulance Service
1300 650 377
ST JOHNS: PH 1300 360 455
The average price for Senior First Aid is approximately $145.00AUD- $195.00AUD
If you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to contact me on these following details:
Eight-Day Super Yacht Steward/ess Training Course
Set your Sails and Set your Future with…
EIGHT-DAY SUPER YACHT STEWARD/ESS COURSE DATES FOR CAIRNS 2020
Caribbean & Ft lauderdale Season IS HERE NOW!!!
ARE YOU SUPER YACHT JOB READY!!
"WE TRAIN YOU AND PLACE YOU"
"WE HAVE JOBS WORLD-WIDE - VIEW CREW PACIFIC'S POSITIONS VACANT"
Next Upcoming Course: Limited Spaces !!!
COST: $2350.00AUD - WE OFFER PAYMENT PLANS
FEBRUARY 17TH - 26TH 2020 - COURSE FILLED
MARCH 16TH - 25TH 2020 - 1X SPOT HAS BECOME AVAILABLE
MAY 4TH -13TH 2020 - 2X SPOTS AVAILABLE
What is the Eight-Day Steward/ess Training Course?
Welcome to Crew Pacific's Internationally Recognised Eight-Day Super Yacht Steward/ess Training Course. Our courses have been specifically designed and tailored for the International Super Yacht industry. They are ‘Internationally’ recognised by seven Crewing Agencies around the world, including Crew Pacific, who will assist you into full-time employment.
Modules covered in the Eight-Day Steward/ess Training Course
Click onto modules to view more information:
- Specifics Regarding the International Yachting Industry
- Professional Decorum and Social Skills
- International Customs and Procedures
- Silver Service (Russian, French, English and American service) and Food Hygiene
- Level One Coffee Certificate
- Bartending and Cocktail Service aboard a Super Yacht
- Exterior and Interior Detailing
- Laundry Formalities
- Floral Arrangements and Care
- Wine Appreciation
- Basic Seamanship Terminology
Why should I do the Eight-Day Steward/ess Training Course?
- It will give you the skills, confidence and knowledge of what your job as a Steward/ess on an international super yacht entails.
- If you have never worked on the sea it will give you the “leading edge” over other crew applying for positions.
- It will prepare you for the “ins and outs” of the International Super Yacht industry.
- It will help you to work your way up the ranks more effectively and professionally.
- It will prepare you for the ocean and teach you how to work and live with your follow crew-members whilst on board.
- It will explain to you how to interact with high profile guests.
How much does the Eight-Day Steward/ess Training Course cost?
The Eight-Day super yacht Steward/ess Training Course cost IS $2350.00AUD
Where is the Eight-Day Steward/ess Training Course held?
The Eight-Day Super Yacht Steward/ess Training Course is held in Cairns, Far North Queensland, Australia, the hub of the Super Yacht industry in Australia.
TRADERS LANE; 2B/117 Anderson Street, Manuda Cairns Australia 4870
After I have completed the Eight-Day Steward/ess Training Course what do I get out of it?
- Your comprehensive Training Manual is supplied at the start of the Course and upon Course completion you receive a Certificate of Competency.
- You will be supplied with a list of the Recommended International Crewing Agents who recognise the Steward/ess Training Courses and will assist you into future employment around the world.
- You will obtain a Level One Barista Certificate.
- You will have the knowledge and tools to assist you into future employment aboard an International Super Yacht.
- Crew Pacific supplies continuous support, guidance and employment opportunities even after you have completed the Course.
- You will automatically become part of Crew Pacific’s database for future employment.
What are the dates of the Eight-Day Steward/ess Training Course?
2020 COURSE DATES:
- FEBRUARY 17TH - 26TH 2020 - COURSE FILLED
- MARCH 16TH - 25TH 2020
- MAY 4TH - 13TH 2020
- JUNE 1ST - 10TH 2020
- JUNE 22ND - 1ST JULY 2020
- JULY 13TH - 22ND 2020
- AUGUST 10TH -19TH 2020
- AUGUST 31ST - 9TH SEPTEMBER 2020
- SEPTEMBER 21ST - 30TH 2020
- OCTOBER 26TH - 4TH NOVEMBER 2020
- NOVEMBER 23RD - DECEMBER 2ND 2020
NOTE: We recommend that you obtain your STCW95 ticket (preferably AMSA endorsed) before or immediately after our Training Courses. This ticket is a requirement for working aboard all International Super Yachts. View this page for information on where you can obtain your STCW95 AMSA endorsed tickets.
How do I enrol for the Eight-Day Steward/ess Training Course?
You can enrol directly on-line. Click onto this link Eight-Day Steward/ess Training Course Enrolment Form and complete the form with your personal details and credit card information, taking care to fill in the correct dates you wish to attend the Course.
Chief Stew Testimonial
I am the Chief Stewardess of a 58m new build yacht currently located in the USA, and I’m emailing you in reference to the Crew Pacific Stewardess course.
Although I have never had the opportunity to part-take in the course, I have to admit, for ‘green’ stewardess, I do think the course is a fantastic introduction into the yachting industry.
It is not always possible for the Chief Stewardess to provide fully comprehensive 'on the job training', especially in circumstances like mine, being the Chief Stewardess of a large new build yacht.
The course gives potential stewardesses the skills and knowledge required within the yachting industry to fully understand their positions, what is expected of stewardesses, the challenges that lie ahead, and most importantly prepares them for the yachting industry.
I have been fortunate enough to employ several girls who have successfully completed the stewardess training course, and I must admit, what a joy it was to have them as part of my interior team.
When looking to employ a new stewardess I have to say, I would always chose a ‘green’ stewardess who has completed the Crew Pacific training course over a stewardess with a seasons experience.
Fortunately, my current captain also sees the benefit in having ‘trained’ stewardesses, so much so in fact, that our yacht would like to pay for our junior stewardess to part take in the course.
Thank you so much Joy and Crew Pacific. You make my job so much easier.
Need Your Crew Trained Correctly?
Set your Sails and Set your Future with.....
Crew Pacific’s Internationally Recognised Super Yacht On-Board Training Package.
What does the On-Board Training Package offer?
Welcome to Crew Pacific's Internationally Recognised On-Board Super Yacht Training Package. We are now offering On-Board Training Packages to yachts looking to refine and up-skill their current crew. These Packages can be tailored to match exact Captain or Owner requirements. The training modules we offer have been specifically designed for the International Super Yacht Industry.
Crew Pacific's aim is to enhance those skills already achieved and to translate them across to international standards.
Modules covered in the On-Board Training Package
Click onto modules to view more information:
- Silver Service (Russian, French, English and American service) and Food Hygiene ($350.00AUD)
- Level One Coffee Certificate ($195.00AUD)
- Exterior and Interior Detailing ($200.00AUD)
- Laundry Formalities ($180.00AUD)
- Floral Arrangements and Care ($300.00AUD)
- Wine Appreciation ($300.00AUD)
Why should I put my Crew through the On-Board Training Package?
It will give your interior crew the right skills, confidence and knowledge to be a better Steward/ess.
- It will enhance the standard of the crew on-board the yacht.
- It will teach your crew different techniques on how to organize the interior of the yacht.
- It will help to improve the overall standard of presentation on the yacht.
How much does the On-Board Training cost?
The six On-Board Training modules will cost $1525.00AUD in total, alternatively your crew can complete single modules at individual prices.
Where is the On-Board Training held?
- The On-Board Training can be held in our facilities in Cairns, Far North Queensland, Australia.
- Alternatively, our Trainers can travel to your yacht for direct On-Board training.
What do my Crew achieve by completing the On-Board Training?
- Your crew will have gained new ideas, knowledge and skills which can be applied to their work aboard the yacht.
- A comprehensive Training Manual is supplied at the start of the Course and upon Course completion your crew will receive a Certificate of Competency.
- Your crew will obtain a Level One Barista Certificate.
- Crew Pacific supplies continuous support and guidance to you and your Crew even after the training is completed.
What are the dates of the On-Board Training Course?
Dates can be tailored to suit your schedule
How do I enrol My Crew for the On-Board Training Course?
Please contact Crew Pacific direct to discuss your specific requirements and the options which best suit you. Once the finer points have been assessed, Crew Pacific will send you the appropriate Enrolment Form.
For more information
FOR RECRUITMENT ENQUIRIES
Joy Weston (Manager) email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: +61 (0) 7 4041 7243
AFTER HOURS: + 61 (0) 407 789 527 (TO BE USED FOR EMERGENCY calls only)
Address: 2b/117 Anderson Street, Manunda, Cairns, 4870
Crew Information | Crew Training | Captains & Owners Info | Positions Vacant | Contact Us