CREW PACIFIC IS SEARCHING FOR A CASUAL DECKHAND TEACHER
This would suit RETIRED FIRST MATE or STRONG SENIOR DECKHAND/BOSUN
Crew Pacific is currently searching for a DECKHAND teacher this would suit a retired First mate/Senior deckhand or Boson. Crew Pacific conducts a 5 Day super yacht deckhand course and the teacher will be required on a contract bases; 2.5 days (Monday/Tuesday/Half day Wednesday). Crew Pacific conducts at least two courses a month.
The teacher will be required to have at least 2-5 years + experience on both International and National super yachts; worked on both charter and private vessels. Have a strong background in maintenance knowledge in the following areas; 2x pack varnishing, painting and paint repair, knowledge of National and International cleaning products. Strong knowledge in tender/jet ski maintenance. Female or male’s can apply.
Must be a Cairns based person. Must be able to drive and have their own transport as you will be required to transport students to excursion in Crew Pacific's business car.
- Hold a cert IV certificate – train the trainer If you do not hold it is prepared to obtain it down the track.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong knowledge in maritime qualifications, both National and International tickets (AMSA & MCA) tickets
- Have worked on both International and National super yachts arranging 35m +
- Have good time management is a must.
- Must be organised, clean, tidy, and well presented person.
- Driver license is required
- Must be a good listener and be able to relay instructions clearly to students.
START DATE: 5th February 2018.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Contracted position, would need to hold an ABN number or we can arrange another form of payment.
SALARY: $25.00AUD per hour for the first 3 courses completed. Then will review hourly rate to how your performance is in training the deckhand course.