CREW PACIFIC IS CURRENTLY SEARCHING FOR A STEWARD/ESS/DECKHAND TEACHER - BASED IN CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA
This would suit RETIRED super yacht crew-member that has worked on super yachts as steward/ess/deckhand
Crew Pacific is currently searching for a STEWARD/ESS/DECKHAND teacher this would suit a retired super yacht stew/deckhand. Crew Pacific conducts 5/8 day stewardess and deckhand courses each month. With this teaching role you will be required for 4 days of the first week of the stewardess training course and then on the 2nd week 2.5 days to teach the deckhand course.
The teacher will be required to have at least 2-3years + experience on both International and National super yachts; worked on both charter and private vessels.
- Must have a strong background in deckhand maintenance knowledge in the following areas; 2x pack varnishing, painting and paint repair, knowledge of National and International cleaning products. Strong knowledge in tender/jet ski maintenance.
- Must have a strong background within the interior of a super yacht; laundry formalities; Strong experience in housekeeping on super yachts; strong table service skills in silver service and fine dining super yacht standard, this is a real must!!
- Female or male’s can apply.
Must be a Cairns based person. Must be able to drive and have their own transport as you will be required to transport students to excursion in Crew Pacific's business car.
- Would be a bonus if you a cert IV certificate – train the trainer If you do not hold it is prepared to obtain it down the track.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong knowledge in maritime qualifications, both National and International tickets (AMSA & MCA) tickets
- Have worked on both International and National super yachts arranging 35m +
- Have good time management and strong eye to detail, this is important in this teaching role.
- Must be organised, clean, tidy, and well presented person.
- Driver license is required
- Must be a good listener and be able to relay instructions clearly to students.
START DATE: immediate start if possible
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Contracted position, would need to hold an ABN number or we can arrange another form of payment.
SALARY: $25.00AUD per hour for the first 3 courses completed. Then will review hourly rate to how your performance is in training the stewardess and deckhand courses.