A HOUSEKEEPING/HOSTESS/WAITRESS REQUIRED FOR A PRIVATE GREAT BARRIER REEF ISLAND
A luxury resort in the Whitsundays is in search of a chief stew/host searching for a land based job.
As the person ultimately responsible for providing superior hospitality service to meet the owner’s and guests’ expectations, the stew/host will take charge of all things related to guest’s services, provisioning and housekeeping. Excellent service, host/ess, and managerial skills are a necessity, as is having a good degree of creative flair.
- Responsible for the everyday smooth operation of the island's interior department, which means being adept in the arts of housekeeping services, laundry procedures and wardrobe management, food and beverage service and cleanup, and entertaining (while maintaining proper etiquette and a high-energy, can-do attitude at all times)
- Providing valet services and overall guest care.
- Protecting, maintaining, and caring for valuable interior items and surfaces, such as artwork, silks, china, crystal, linens, fine woodwork, and marbles
- Creating, implementing, and monitoring a financial planning system that includes accounting and budgeting for interior department needs with assistance of general manager
- Creating, implementing, and maintaining an informational management system of interior inventories and maintenance procedures
- Provisioning to maintain inventory supplies and cover guest usage
- Collaborating with the executive chef regarding meal service for the guests
- Creative planning and quality service of theme dinners and occasional guest parties
- Keeping all interior storage areas organized, orderly, and maintained
- Crew uniform purchasing
- Writing and updating all interior manuals and guest-information documents
- Maintaining and displaying knowledge of international etiquette and protocol
- Exterior-crew support as needed (requiring proficiency with exterior lines and fenders if needed for day trips out)
- Selecting, purchasing, and serving fine wines, specialty teas, and cigars, which may require advanced training
- Planning and managing destination experiences proficiently
- Assuming full responsibility for certain safety tasks in an emergency
Training in areas of bartending, silver service, cigar service, and wine presentation and service.
Floral arranging and table decorating skills prove to be an advantage Advanced/Medical First Aid Certificate or a higher degree of medical training is also a major bonus.
Private ISLAND in the Whitsundays
A Diploma or Degree in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management or any related course from an accredited educational institution
START DATE: Dec 1 2018
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full - time
SALARY: A very good package – this is Negotiable to the right person