BUTLER/HOUSE MANAGER FOR A LARGE HOUSE IN SYDNEY
A female owner that has recently widowed is searching for a butler/house manager to manage her large home in Sydney. The house is not run by other staff members however they do bring staff in from their country property when entertaining and they have contractors for various maintenance work and general upkeep of the property.
The principal divides her time between the two properties. There is a dog on the property and you will be required to care for the dog when the principal is away.
Required skills and qualities:
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Outstanding eye for detail and fastidious attention to detail
- Ability to work resourcefully and on own initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability to the requirements of the role
- Competency with household maintenance and minor repairs
- Proficient computer skills
- Absolute confidentiality and discretion
- Professional personal presentation
- Mature, friendly and confident disposition
- Ability to maintain professional demeanour without stiffness or formality
- Must be able to drive and have a clean driving record
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Immaculate presentation of property.
- Care and maintenance of fine furniture, delicate fabrics and sensitive surfaces which require knowledge of appropriate cleaning products and cleaning methods. Research and vigilance required to ensure optimum care of variety of finishes on walls, floors and furnishings.
- Establishment of daily, weekly and annual rotational check lists for all routine maintenance tasks
- Daily housekeeping including making beds, tidying bedrooms, bathrooms and living areas when principal and/or guests in residence.
- Assistance with meal preparation and presentation, and food and beverage service when principal in residence.
- Shopping and stocking of food pantry, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Inventory maintenance of wine cellar and beverages.
- Inventory maintenance of all consumables, glasses and drink ware and dining equipment and utensils.
- Inventory maintenance of items of value and collectibles
- Valeting of clothes including washing, ironing, minor repairs, shoe cleaning and dry cleaning.
- Garbage recycling and disposal, General errands as required
- Liaising with principal in relation to diary management, household budget, financial management, house guests and entertainment.
START DATE: immediate start
SALARY: $65,000AUD per year (overall package $90,000AUD per year including accommodation & super)