A COOK/STEWARDESS POSITION REQUIRED FOR A 72FT SAILING YACHT (PRIVATE/CHARTER) & AUSTRALIAN FLAGGED
A 72FT sailing yacht is currently searching for a COOK/STEW to join their crew of 2. The yacht does both private and charter; and the area it operates is Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific. You will be required to work closely with the Captain/Engineer.
It would be essential you have the following knowledge & experience; High level of sailing ability is essential; excellent boat handling in all types of conditions; Eye for detail in maintenance and general upkeep; Hands on approach to maintenance of all areas; Excellent customer service;
Duties will include
- Keeping the yacht clean and presentable to a high standard at all times
- Being able to provision in remote places
- When guests are on board a high level of service is required,
- Be able to assist the captain in watches in port and when at sea
- Sail comfortable is a variety of conditions as often as required
- Liaise with yacht agents to provide possible itineraries for charter guests
The yacht is beautifully maintained 72ft Pilot house sloop. Designed by Alan Warwick, she was launched in 2003 and the yacht has the same owners. A very advanced yacht for her age. The itinerary generally follows the pattern of Sydney and Melbourne in the summer months and either the Whitsunday’s or the south pacific during the winter. Maintenance windows are available between the seasons and these should be best utilised to ensure minimum downtime during the busier periods. The yacht is a Family owned vessel that is a joy to sail and if properly maintained will provide a truly unique experience for her skipper and all who sail with her.
- AMSA STCW95 (COSTING COURSE); Current first aid certificate; AMSA Medical; AMSA Radio operators license; STRONG COOKING SKILLS; be able to provision in remote places. Be able to cook for up to 6 people
Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific
START DATE: immediate start
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time however the yacht is considering someone for temp during the festive season From Melbourne (27th December 2018 – until the end of February 2019) will be paying for that temp period $350.00AUD per day
SALARY:$4,500.00 AUD per month ($54,000AUD) per year