A 35M MOTOR YACHT SEARCHING FOR A EXPERIENCED SOLE STEWARDESS (PRIVATE/CHARTER) AUSTRALIAN FLAGGED
A 35m motor yacht is currently searching for an experienced SOLE STEWARD/ESS to join their crew of 3. You will need to be between the ages of Mid 20’s to Early 40’s have strong charter experience on a similar size yacht, strong eye to detail, be very well organised, strong IT skills. The candidate will need to have a mature personality with great attention to detail.
Duties will include provisioning for charters, housekeeping, looking after charter guests, table service and laundry. Crew-member must have worked as a sole stew on similar size yacht and must be able to work with a small team. You will have a 2nd stewardess assist you on charter. Off charter you will maintain and manage the yacht on your own.
A 2nd stewardess will be employed on charter to assist you, so strong management skills will be required
Other responsibilities will consist of
- Responsible for the interior of the vessel and for providing superior hospitality service to meet the owner's and guests' expectations whilst on charter.
- To comply with all technical and maintenance aspects of the yacht, Operations Manual; Read, understand and follow these vessels SMS (Safety Management System); Follow the procedures and protocols for the vessel;
- Carry out safety drill with Captain and First Mate as per SMS and AMSA regulations;
- Housekeeping services, laundry, food and beverage service and clean u
- Protecting, maintaining, and caring for valuable interior items and surfaces, such as artwork, silks, china, crystal, linens, fine woodwork, soft furnishings etc. Develop and maintain schedule for cleaning and maintenance of internal fixtures and fittings using correct products;
- Exterior wash down and general maintenance as directed by the captain
- Provisioning to maintain inventory supplies and cover guest usage
- Collaborating with the chef regarding meal service for the guests
- Creative planning and quality service of meals and guest parties
- Keeping all interior storage areas organized, orderly and maintained, Crew uniform purchasing, laundering and maintenance
- Manage and train additional stewardess’s including rostering of duties, when required
- Maintaining and displaying knowledge of international etiquette and protocol
- Watch keeping in accordance with guidelines from the captain, Exterior-crew support as needed (requiring proficiency with exterior lines and fenders)
- Assuming full responsibility for certain on-board safety tasks (as assigned by the captain) in an emergency
- Assist in the development and maintain control of the budget for the operations and maintenance of the yacht” in conjunction with the Captain in relation to the interior of the vessel; Assist with trip preparation including development of itinerary, identification of customs and visa issues on a charter basis at the direction of the Captain; Assist with Guest Bookings and Charter requests and liaison with Captain and Directors
- Collaborating with our external charter agents to facilitate good communication, smooth planning and execution of charters;
- Maintain marketing and Social Media presence in coordination with Captain and Directors.
- Assist the Captain & First Mate with projects, maintenance or upkeep of the vessel and
STCW-95, AMSA MEDICAL experience as a sole stewardess on a similar size yacht. A good work ethic and happy attitude with a strong eye for detail is required. Be able to manage another interior crew-member while on charter.
Brisbane, Gold coast, Whitsunday islands, Marlin season (Great Barrier Reef) outer reef, Gove, and the Kimberley’s.
Charter season for 2021
- December 2020 to 31 January 2021 – Moreton Bay, Gold Coast and Brisbane River. Private usage and small amount if any day charters. Private usage 28/12 to 6/1.
- 8 February to 12 March – Hard Stand Boat Works Coomera and annual Survey
- 12 March to Mid June - Whitsunday Islands, Day and overnight Charters. Min private usage 2/4 to 14/4.
- Late June to September – Cairns & Port Douglas. Min private usage 19/6 to 27/6 and 20/9 to 27/9. Weddings, Day Charters and Overnights.
- October & November – Marlin Season Mother ship
- December – Return to Manly Marina Moreton Bay, Gold Coast and Brisbane River. Private usage and small amount if any day charters.
START DATE: immediate start (Preference is by the 10th January 2021) if you can start earlier that would be appreciated.
SALARY $65,000.00AUD - $70,000AUD + SUPER PER YEAR-Negotiable depending on experience & qualifications