A SOLE STEWARDESS/CHEF/STRONG COOK POSITION ON 30M MOTOR YACHT (PRIVATE/AUSTRALIAN FLAGGED)
A 30m motor yacht is searching for a Sole stewardess/cook to join their crew of 3. The yacht is currently based in Brisbane, Australia. Your duties will consist of the following: The candidate needs to be between the ages of Mid 20’s to Mid 40’s and have experience on a yacht this size before. Be well presented and clean and tidy.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Ensure the vessel is maintained to pristine standards, particularly the interior of the vessel.
- The completion of all daily, fortnightly, weekly and monthly housekeeping procedures to agreed standards.
- Ensuring all facilities including toilets, bathrooms, living areas, galley etc are kept to superior standards.
- Ensuring all surface areas including but not limited to windows, portholes, dust vents, tables, chairs, edges are kept dust free.
- Complete all laundering, i.e. washing and ironing requirements.
- Ensure all general housekeeping functions are performed which may include making beds, general tidying, polishing, glass cleaning etc are complete to expected standards.
Cuisine and Service Management
- Ensure all provisions for the vessel e.g. food, household items etc are sourced, ordered and purchased within agreed timeframes, budgets and standards.
- Preparation of all meals for the owner, their family, guests and crew as directed and are of a high standard.
- Ensuring all service requirements relating to meals and drinks are executed to superior standards e.g. table setting
- In conjunction with the Captain and Mate, ensure the owner, their family and guests have their needs catered to at all times.
- Delivering exceptional hostess duties as required when the owner, their family and guests are on board.
- Providing additional services and completing adhoc requests for the owners as requested.
- Ensuring that all associated paperwork with the position is completed to agreed standard and within agreed timeframes.
- Acting as part of a team and supporting the remaining crew to ensure the effective and efficient running of the vessel.
- Completing any other duties that are reasonable and within the individuals’ capabilities.
Health and Safety
All employees have a personal responsibility for their own health and safety, and that of other people affected by the work they do and you are responsible for taking all practicable steps to create a safe and healthy work environment. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Promote a positive health and safety culture
- Implement hazard management procedures in every work area under their control. This includes formalising regular reviews of currently identified hazards and arranging for new processes, equipment and chemicals to be assessed for actual or potential hazards prior to use.
- Take all practicable steps to ensure that hazards identified are eliminated, isolated or controlled.
- Informing staff (temporary and permanent), contractors and visitors of any hazards to health and safety which are known to be associated with the work they perform and the steps to be taken to control any such hazard.
- Ensure that unsafe acts and unsafe conditions are appropriately addressed.
- Conduct regular health and safety inspections.
- Participate in health and safety audits and taking steps to remedy deficiencies as recommended.
- Ensuring that all accidents and incidents are recorded accurately, investigated and reported to the Captain and for taking steps to prevent any recurrence.
STCW95, Jet ski and Boat License, Been a sole stewardess/cook on aboard a similar size yacht. Be able to work well within a team and help the other crew when needed. Proven experience working on luxury yachts of this size, formal training in commercial cooking, food safety certification/qualification.
Start Date: End of May 2021 (Brisbane)
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000AUD- $65,000AUD per year + super and tax. Salary is negotiable to the right person with the right attitude and experience on super yachts.